Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer Review

Monday, March 28, 2016
I got this product in my ipsy Gen Beauty swag bag. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.


I know that not that long ago I raved about the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy being my new favorite lip treatment, but there's a new player in town. I mean, I still like the F.A.B one, but this puppy floats my boat a little bit better. The somewhat pearly pale white/pink, unassuming tube with golf writing doesn't look super interesting, but it's what is on the inside that matters.





This product has this mystical "Maxi-Lip" ingredient that is supposed to naturally increase the fullness of the lips while simultaneously decreasing fine lines. If you saw "Maxi-Lip" and had flashbacks to burning, stinging lip plumpers like I did, have no fear - no pain here! I've got some pretty thin lips, and while I don't see an obvious increase in volume, I do notice that the little fine lines are even less noticeable than normal. This baby is chock full of nourishing and moisturizing ingredients like vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba oil making it oh, so magical. The product has a slight rose scent, which I love because I'm secretly 83, and has some viscosity to it, but isn't super thick. When really slathered on, this does look like a gloss, but despite the glossiness, it does stick around for a long time.


Hands down, this is my favorite lip balm/lip treatment. My lips haven't looked or felt this good in a very long time. The product feels super luxurious, and it also stays on for a while meaning that I don't have to frequently reapply it like I have to with most balms. Also, you only really need a tiny amount to get that moisture rush and protective barrier so this tube, while pricey at $16, will last a long time.

TL;DR

Price: $16

Size: 0.33 fl oz/10 mL

Availability: Jouer, Nordstrom, Birchbox, Beauty.com

Pros:

  • Long-lasting hydration & protection
  • Decreases appearance of fine lip lines
Cons:
  • None
Cruelty free: Oui!

Final thoughts: I hate myself for loving a $16 lip balm, but by gum IT IS WORTH IT! Super hydrating, super comfortable, and super rad. They do have tinted ones for an extra $2, and I may have to check them out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top