Recent Acquisitions Vol. 2

Saturday, February 27, 2016

I've been a bit of a bad broke blogger and picked up some things recently. Can you really blame me though? I got dumped at the end of last month and I've been dealing with mad crazy tech issues and need some comfort. Over the past few weeks I've compiled quite a nice little haul that includes some brand new products, and some brands that are either totally new, or totally new to me. Let's get acquainted with my recent acquisitions!




1. Revolution Redemption Eyeshadow Palette Iconic 1, $7
  • I picked this up at Ulta while I was there JUST for face wash. Obviously, that was very successful. Revolution is a UK brand that has just started being sold here in the US at Ulta. The very sizable display was picked through pretty well, but I can see why. There were a lot of different products for hella cheap. I mean, this 12 pan palette was only $7 so I had to give it a try. I have plans on making a video pitting this against the O.G. Naked palette in a tutorial. 

2. Dr. Lip Bang's Lip Freak, $4.95
  • Those stupid impulse buy kiosks near the check out will be the death of me, I swear. I just happened to glance at this interesting looking product, which is described as "the strongest buzzing lip balm in the whole world". That and the crazy old-timey packaging had me sold. I've tried this out and all I'm gonna say is that it is WEIRD. I've got a review of this coming up really soon, so check back in a little bit to know more about this mysterious balm.

3. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing gel, $14
  • This is what I entered Ulta to buy. Whoops. Anyways, this is my go-to face wash because it doesn't foam, doesn't strip the skin, and has a chemical exfoliant in it, which is good for someone like me that tends to get a lot of buildup on my skin.

4. Winky Lux Matte Velour Lipsticks in Latte and Voodoo, $14 each
  • This is a pretty new online makeup brand that I found through Instagram. They followed me, I checked out their profile and followed back... then ended up ordering two of their Velour Lipsticks later that evening. I'm not gonna say much about these apart from how adorable the packaging is because I have reviews of them coming up along with a vlog about my experience with the brand. 

5. NYC Lovatoics by Demi 020 Natural Palette, $6.99
  • This and the rest of the stuff I got from Target was a bit of an impulse buy. Sure, I'd been meaning to pick this and the other things up, but I picked them up right before traveling so I'm glad they made it up to NorCal and back. This looks really similar to the Revloution palette I picked up, and I also have similar plans with it, but I'm actually going to be comparing an eye look to the Naked Smokey palette. Also, I should note that you can get this for waaaay cheaper, like under $5, at Wally World. 

6. NYC Lovatics by Demi Lip & Cheek Tints in 001 Cheeky Pink, 003 Cheeky Red, and 004 Cheeky Berry, $3.99
  • I picked these up because they reminded me a lot of Benetint from Benefit, and yes I did pick all of them up. I know that there isn't a 002 shade in this haul, but there legit just isn't one. I'm kinda kicking myself for buying them all because I don't much like liquid tints, but hey... maybe they'll surprise me.

7. Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Rosé Champagne, $2.99
  • I've been a big fan of Wet n Wild Color Icon Blushes for years, so I was pretty excited to see a new shade and try out the new formula. I've broken into the packaging already, but I can already tell that this shimmery blush isn't gonna work for me. Womp woomp. 

8. Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Eye Stick in Volver, $28
  • Ahh... now we're getting into the Sephora "let's-ignore-my-pain-by-buying-stuff" portion. My hard drive completely crapped out and I'm still not certain if I'll be able to recover tons of important video clips, product shots, and editing elements that I need off of it. There was a Sephora next to the Apple store. I had to go in. I've been considering picking up one of these for a while because my fellow beauty blogger Laura Neuzeth raved about it. It's got this crazy cooling effect and supposedly stays through hell and high water on oily lids like mine.

9. The Original Makeup Eraser, $20
  • Yeah, this thing is kind of old news and pretty gimmicky seeming, but I've always wanted to try it out. Supposedly you're able to wet this thing with water and it's remove your makeup without any additional product. I mean, I really like using a cleansing oil, but if this'll do the same thing and save me money in the long run then why not!
I'm really looking forward to using these on the blog and on my channel for upcoming reviews, tutorials, and the like.

Tra!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top