Luxie Rose Gold Precision Makeup Brush Set

Tuesday, February 2, 2016
A few things we need to get out of the way first before getting into the nitty gritty of this post: This set is going to be released mid-month and prices posted are subject to change, and I did receive these for free in my ipsyOS cocktail swag bag, however all thoughts an opinions expressed are my own and I am not required to talk about these brushes. I'm glad we had this chat.


This is my first experience with Luxie Beauty, even though I've seen them slowly creep into the YouTube beauty sphere over the past few months. I didn't know what really to expect going into this review since I hadn't researched the brand much before opening the box. I thought that they were gonna be something similar to Morphe, a cheap, ok-ish, and overhyped brand, but boy I was wrong.




Let's start out with a little general background on the brushes. They're 100% vegan and cruelty free - i.e. they're synthetic fiber brushes. They're also 100% paraben free, made of premium grade fibers, and coated with antibacterial solution. One of my favorite features though is the fact that they're made in the USA... it's great to see a home grown company keeping their business in the USA.


The first thing that really stuck out for me was the brush shapes. Three of the four brushes had very unique shapes that I hadn't seen a lot of other places and they piqued my interest on how they would work on my face. Luckily the brush handles were engraved with the brush descriptions, however I'm a firm believer in playing around with brushes and finding alternate uses.



Each of the brushes bristles were so drastically different than any other synthetic brushes I've tried - namely Sigma, Crown Brush, Morphe, Real Techniques, and ecoTools. The hairs are very fine, but the concentration is very dense, which gives these a very luxurious and soft feel. No joke, these synthetic puppies feel like satin being run across freshly shaved legs. The ferrules are very firmly clamped on to the decent sized handles so I have no fears of these brush heads poppin' off any time soon. Another small detail that I was overjoyed to see was some of the brushes with longer bristles came with brush guards. Scooore!


Luxie 640 Pro Precision Tapered Brush, $24 - This honestly reminds me of a massive fluffy blending brush, but for your face. I find this to work best for blending out contour, setting the under eye with a loose powder, or more effectively as a light way of applying highlighter if you tend to be a little heavy handed. Oh, and this thing feels amazing if you just sit there and lightly swirl it on your face


Luxie 660 Precision Foundation Brush, $18 - This guy is like a more 3D version of your standard flat foundation brush. It can be used as a foundation brush, but I personally like it more as a workhorse for face powders (blush, contour, setting powder, etc).


Luxie 650 Precision Angled Contour, $24 - This one was the only on out of the bunch that I didn't like all that much. It's just a little too powerful. When using a powder contour with this, you have to be very careful that you don't get more than a few taps of product otherwise it'll end up a big ol' line on your face. It may work differently for a liquid or cream contour, but it was a bit too intense for powder.


Luxie 660 Pro Precision Face, $26 - This one is probably my favorite after using it. The steep angle of the flat edge and the dome of the brush makes this the most precise foundation I've ever used. Depending on how you angle it, it fits perfectly in the nasal-labial fold, the inner corner of the eye sockets and the small dip between the chin and lower lip. The steep angle and densely packed hairs works to perfectly apply and lightly buff in foundation. This brush is absolute perfection.

I know that the prices may be a bit high for some of you folks, yours truly included, but I think that the Pro Precision Face is at least worth the investment. Plus if you sign up for their newsletters you can get 20% off your first purchase and they do have a PRO program that includes makeup artists, cosmetology students, models, and "enthusiasts"!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top