NARS Supervixen Gloss Review + Swatch

Thursday, August 13, 2015
Prior to getting this gloss I had been pretty weary of the NARS lip glosses. They're pretty pricey at $26 a pop, and since I'm not a gloss lover that price pushed them way out of the question.



Also, when I started getting into makeup around 2011, the biggest thing was MAC Angel and NARS Turkish delight because of Mrs. Kardashian-West, and all the reports I heard of those glosses back then were that they smelled like paint thinner... uh, what? Well, luckily they've been reformulated since then, so when this full sized one happened to be in a Sephora gift set I didn't end up running in the opposite direction since the formula now has hardly any noticeable smell or taste.





I had a few anxieties about this at first glance; shimmer = gritty, and holy crap my lips are going to be glittery bronze. Both, thankfully, were totally unfounded. Even after furiously rubbing my lips together to test the grit of the shimmer, barely anything registered! No irritating glitter on the lips for me here! I also get a nice hint of moisturization with this sucker on. The "sheer shimmering mauve" shade, at least that is what it's listed as on Sephora, was actually pretty flattering. I still think of it as more of a bronze, but it has enough of a rosy undertone and a thankfully sheer finish to be flattering. As for the feel of the gloss, it's pretty nice. Not overly heavy, not overly sticky... not nearly as light on the lips as my ideal (and probably non-existant) lipgloss, but hey... as far as glosses go, the feel of this one gets a big thumbs up.

swatch after the jump




Now, even though I like the formula and I can tolerate the shade, so I really want to go out there and buy a few more? Nah, probably not. I just can't justify that much money on a product that I'll realistically rarely use. However, if you're a gloss junkie, I'd recommend giving them a shot!

TL;DR section:

Price: $26

Size: 0.18 oz

Availability: Sephora, Nordstrom, narscosmetics.com

Pros:
  • Not sticky
  • Light formula
  • Shimmer isn't gritty
  • Moisturizing
  • A lot more flattering than it looks
Cons:
  • none, other than price

Cruelty free: Oh indeedly doodly.

Final thoughts: This really is a lovely gloss. Definitely tolerable for me, even though I don't tend to reach for glosses because of the hassle of frequent reapplication and the fact they get everywhere. If you've got the dough I'd say go for it!

More information about this product HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top