Rite Aid Clearance Bin Haul!

Sunday, July 7, 2013
When life hands you lemons, go to your nearest drugstore and raid the living bajeezus out of the clearance bins! Honestly, nothing lifts my spirits more than getting a serious steal of a deal when it comes to makeup!



I managed to grab 2 bronzers, a blush, 2 lip glosses, a lipstick, and two lip crayons from my local Rite Aid for under $25. I got them all for $23.75 to be exact! The only 2 products that I paid full price for were the Ma.Nish.Ma lip crayons which retail for $2.99 each. Wowee! 


I managed to grab quite a few products that I've been eyeballing/curious about for months now for less than half price! Gotta love an awesome rewards program, right? I get 10% off the entire store because I lurk far too often and manage to rack up quite a few points over the course of a year. 

Anyways, back to the haulage and some quick first impressions after the jump!



Right off the bat, I'm going to say that I'm really glad that I didn't pay full price for the majority of these products. As you can see by the swatches, many of the products leave much to be desired in terms of pigmentation. Booo!

Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer in 140 Four Seasons Light (original retail price: $8.49, clearance price:  $4.24, Rite Aid rewards price: $3.39)
  • The powder itself has a very silky feel, but the pigmentation is pretty dismal. I didn't buy this for the purpose of contouring, which is when I actually need some pigmentation, so I'm hoping that this will create a nice, VERY subtle, healthy glow to my skin as a bronzer. 

Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer in 120 Matte Light (original retail price: $8.49, clearance price:  $4.24, Rite Aid rewards price: $3.39)
  • I have zero idea why Maybelline decided to call this powder a matte since it has a very satiny sheen to it. It's by no means a glitter bomb, but it's certainly not matte. This is also a tad to light for me to use as a bronzer, so I'm really stumped at what I'll be using it for. 

Maybelline FitMe! Blush in Pink Peony (original retail price: $5.29, clearance price: $2.64, Rite Aid rewards price: $2.11)
  • Seeing as how this product is from the FitMe line, I had absolutely no expectations for it. This has more shimmer than pigmentation and the powder is relatively hard. I guess this can be used as a highlight, but it's 100% useless as a blush. The brush is also very stiff and does not blend or apply product very well, but then again since when have drugstore packaged brushes been at all helpful. At least the embossed rose in the powder is cute? 

Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Peach Glisten (original retail price: $7.19, clearance price: $3.59, Rite Aid rewards price: $2.87)

  • I've never tried a lipgloss from this line despite it being around for several months. For the most part, I like to stay far, FAR away from Maybelline lip products since I still have yet to have a positive experience with one. I went ahead and popped this on my lips for a bit and I'm feeling pretty "eh" about it. I'm not a fan of the strongly perfumed scent and the grainy texture, but I do like the perfect amount of lip-muting pigments, and the light feel. I can honestly go either way on this product, but I don't think I would pay full price for another one unless I had a mighty need for the shade. 

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Atomic Pink (original retail price: $7.49, clearance price: $3.74, Rite Aid rewards price: $3.74)
  • It's a mighty shame that Revlon is nixing these glosses! They're one of the very few products from Revlon that I actually enjoy, and it kind of peeves me that they're keeping some pretty nasty lip products around (like the suede lipstick and the lip butters) but killing one of the good ones. *le sigh* I love this bright pink pop of color and I actually appreciate the sheerness of it since I tend to prefer a more subtle color when a product is glossy. Love the texture, love the feel, love the packaging. I seriously hate Revlon for discontinuing these. 

Ma.Nish.Ma Transparent Automatic Lip Crayon in Vanilla Sugar (original price: $2.99, Rite Aid rewards price: $ 2.69)
  • I've been on a major lip crayon kick lately, but I'm glad that this product was cheaper than cheap. I get that these aren't supposed to be that pigmented because the word "transparent" is in the name, but this is just ridiculous. This product is going straight to the graveyard drawer in my stash because I don't even like the feel of the product (it's super slippy) or the scent, which smells like a vanilla Play-Dough concoction. Nope. Pass up on this one. 

Ma.Nish.Ma Transparent Automatic Lip Crayon in Pink Grapefruit (original price: $2.99, Rite Aid rewards price: $ 2.69)
  • I wanted to like this shade because I've been positively batty about bright pink shades as of late, but this product simply does not have enough pigmentation. This also has the same texture and scent issues as the Vanilla Sugar one, but the scent is more like a soured grapefruit. Yuck! Ugh, the packaging is SO cute though!

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Electric Fuchsia (original retail price: $7.19, clearance price: $3.59, Rite Aid rewards price: $2.87)
  • Ugh... I want to love this shade so much because the opacity and color is absolutely insane, but I can't stand the nasty perfumed scent at all! Honestly, I don't know what it is about Maybelline and their need to make all of their lipsticks smell like they've expired, but I'm getting pretty sick of it... literally. I also hate the odd severe curved tip that Maybelline lipsticks have. But honestly, it you take away the awkward lipstick form and the nauseating scent, I really do like this lipstick. It stays brighter than bright, even when drinking, the opacity is something that truly blew me away, the color is 3000% awesome, and it doesn't dry my lips out too horribly, which is something that Maybelline lip products tend to do to me. I wanna call this lipstick a win, but I just can't get over that stench!
Anyways, that's all I have for today! I've really got to get back to focusing on homework for my chem and my gender studies classes and stop distracting myself with makeup. 

Ta-ta for now, m'dears!

Carly

4 comments:

  1. The maybelline vivid was a major steal, I'd love to try it. I should visit rite aid to check around in there. I don't believe I've ever seen a clearance bin at Walgreens or CVS. Fun haul <3

    www.hautedare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were also a ton of tubes of the most recent limited edition red and orange shades in there too. :) Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Lots of Maybelline stuff here. I've used the Maybelline FitMe Blush previously, cant recall the shade though. It was 'okay' but nothing out of the ordinary.

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil bit life

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Revlon gloss swatch is gorgeous!
    And, Revlon is not exactly discontinuing the line, they're repackaging the line and adding and phasing out some of the shades.
    I hope Atomic Pink is still a shade in the repackaged line because I'd love to get my hands on that!

    Thanks for the swatches!

    Citron and Guavaberry

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top