Product Review: MAC Peachstock Lipstick

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Aaaaah, nostalgia! Peachstock was both my first MAC lipstick and my first CCO purchase. It really brings me back to the day when I was really getting into makeup. Back then (about 3 years ago) I was into the whole skin toned nudes and I thought Peachstock was my soulmate, hence the massive weardown. A few years, and lots of experimenting with makeup, later... not so much.





Peachstock is a satin finish. Satin finishes are somewhere between a cream and a matte finish. I personally don't like them all that much because I find them to be a bit drying and they tend to accentuate dry spots on the lip if you don't exfoliate and apply a generous amount of lip balm right before. Peachstock also has bit of a problem of settling into fine lines in the lip, which really isn't a great look on anyone. The finish also causes a few issues with wear time. Shortly after application, it starts to look a bit funky, and reapplication needs to happen frequently to combat that.


Peachstock is an opaque and very nude beige/peach, which makes it about one step up from concealer lips for me. It doesn't completely meld with my skin tone because of the peach, but it's pretty close. This shade is a bit of an odd duck to me. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it... I guess it really depends on my mood. I normally end up wearing this shade with a slightly pinkier nude lipgloss both to combat the dryness and product settling and the washed out effect this has on my lips. 

Price: $15.00

Size: 3g/0.1 oz

Availability: maccosmetics.com and MAC pro stores

Pros:
  • Applies relatively well
  • Opaque
Cons:
  • Drying
  • Settles into lines
  • Wear time isn't great
Cruelty Free: Nope

Peachstock hold a lot of nostalgic feels for me, but I feel like we've drifted throughout the years as I've expanded my gaze to other lipsticks. It's not a horrible lipstick, but there are definitely better nudes out there with better wear times and formulas. 

Overall Rating: 6/10

3 comments:

  1. So many people worship MAC products, especially this shade... Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) I try to be as honest as possible with all my posts since bending the truth doesn't help anyone.

      Delete
  2. This has completely put me off this shade! I hate concealer lips! I'm so glad you've been so honest about this lipstick, I'm sure it looks amazing on some people but I'm pretty sure it won't quite work on me! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top