NYX Eyeshadow Trio Comparison

Saturday, March 16, 2013
NYX recently added a ton of new products to their line in what I assume is an effort to replace older packaging and products. So far the only new item that I've been able to get my hands on is an eyeshadow trio form the new Love in Rio eyeshadow trio line. The reason that I decided to pick this up over the other new and exciting products is because I currently own a very fallout prone Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only trio (gee, what a mouthful) and I wanted to see if the new trio was an improvement on the old formula.



Right off the bat I was impressed with how much excess packaging NYX managed to nix (haha, punny). The original trio wasn't overly large, but there was a lot of empty space between the pans and I really appreciate that the newer one is more compact has has more attractive packaging... I mean the thing has a little bow where the closure is.


However there are three things about the older model's packaging that I prefer; the mirror makes it easier to bring on the go, it actually had the names of the eyeshadows on the back, and even though the Love in Rio is more compact, the older one is slimmer. 


Another mild annoyance with the new product is that it has 1.6 grams of product less than the older one. Thankfully the Love in Rio is priced at $6 instead of the $7 it costs for the Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only which makes the Love in Rio not only cheaper, but a better value overall. 

As for an improvement in the eyeshadow quality department, I've got to give NYX a thumbs up. The  Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only has quite a gritty texture and has some fallout, but the Love in Rio formula is a lot more pleasant in the sense that it's quite velvety and the fallout factor has improved a bit... not completely, but it's definitely no where near as bad.

Overall I would say that if you're going for a NYX trio, go with the Love in Rio line over the Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only. It is a better value, has better (and cuter) packaging, and the eyeshadow formula is superior. Also I don't really know if the Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only line is going to be around a whole lot longer since the Love in Rio trios seem to be replacing them in all of the displays I've seen lately. 

P.S. Does anyone else think of the "for British eyes only" sting when they see "Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only"?





And now for story time!


The Love in Rio trio that I picked up is Segredos De Giselle which is neutral (surprise, surprise), but there was something really familiar about it when I finally cracked it open and swatched it...

Whomp whoooooomp.

I have this knack for picking out really similar products and it turns out that Segredos De Giselle is pretty close to Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells. It's not a dead-ringer dupe, but it's close enough to the point where I feel like a moron for owning both. *facepalm*





3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you can return or exchange it so you can get one of the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could. :( I bought it out of state and only opened it up the other day because I kind of lost it in my car... oops.

      Delete
  2. I really do not like the new formula! I wrote an entire blog about it and showed side by side comparisons! I'm really disappointed!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top