Product Review: L'Oreal Shine Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Everlasting Caramel

Monday, December 17, 2012
 I am completely drawing a blank on how to start this review other than "WOW"! I honestly think that I've found my holy grail stain... or holy grail gloss... or however you wish to classify it.


The packaging is a light weight and highly reflective gold colored plastic that doesn't photograph easily with a phone because you're a moron that left her DSLR at home before going on vacation. Since it's so shiny it is also pretty prone to finger smudges and whatnot. I think that the packaging is really sleek and somewhat hinting at luxury. The applicator is a marquise shaped doe foot with a hollowed center which (as seen below) holds product. 



This product is truly an odd duck and I've never come across anything like it before, however I hear rumors of it being a formula/product dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains, which I don't find that surprising because L'Oreal owns YSL Beaute.  It applies like a gloss, retains the sheen of a gloss, has the opacity of a lipstick, but has the staying power and non-transferring properties of a stain. Weeeeird! The feeling is a little bizarre, I'll admit. At first it feels like a hydrating gloss, but after it dries down it has a "tacky" feel to it, but isn't sticky at all. The only way I've heard this odd property explained that makes sense is that it feels like a gummy bear... but even then it doesn't really get the full effect across. It's truly strange. I don't find it bothersome at all, but it did take a little getting used to.

The shade Everlasting Caramel is a dark brown neutral that leans a little on the brick red side which is an unusual, but very pretty shade.


On the lips.


On the skin.

I truly enjoy this product. It has all the properties of a lip stain, but somehow manages to retain the glossy look for several hours even after eating, drinking, or kissing. Plus it will not transfer color... at all. 

Price: $9.99

Size: Uhhh... I removed the sticker before I took not of this... SORRY!

Color: Brown neutral with red undertones

Availability: Drugstores, but as of now I've only seen them spotted at Fred Meyers, Harmons, and Target

Pros:
  • Long wearing
  • Doesn't transfer color
  • Stays glossy
  • Easy application
  • Great opacity
  • Wears comfortably

Cons:
  • None that I can think of!

Cruelty Free: Nope. 

Overall Rating: 10/10



3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna start hunting for one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doo eet! You might have the best luck at Target which is what I'm hearing from a few other blogs.

      Delete
  2. I am in love with these too.. just fixing to start writing my review and Im like you, these are so great it's hard for me to even find the words! haha.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top