First Impressions: L'Oreal Shine Caresse Glosses

Sunday, December 16, 2012
I've been eagerly awaiting the release of these supposed YSL Glossy Stain dupes since I heard whispers about them from France so Imagine my glee when I saw this at my local Fred Meyer late last week:


Aww yiss!

For the record, I'm super impressed by the shade selection! There are 12 shades which I think is pretty impressive for a brand new and innovative product launch. 


I spotted them on Friday and now it's Sunday and I already have two:


Everlasting Caramel (R) and Eternally Nude (L).


Sorry about the camera phone quality; I'm on vacation. I made the point of grabbing a darker one which I KNEW would work well as a stain (Everlasting Caramel) as well as a very light nude shade (Eternally Nude) to see if it would work just as well... which I didn't, but more on that in my review posts which are coming later. 

I purchased Everlasting Caramel first which is a gorgeous brown-leaning-brick-red shade since I've been re-watching Angel for the 10 billionth time and I was inspired by Cordelia's brown nude lipsticks. This one absolutely knocked my socks right off from the first swipe! I was super impressed by the opacity, ease of use, and the fact that it remained looking glossy but did not transfer... AT ALL. I assure you that my review on this will probably be a full page of positive ramblings.

The next day I went back for Eternally Nude because I was so floored by how well the Everlasting Caramel one worked. Since it is a nude shade I really wasn't expecting much out of it because I have really pigmented lips and nude stains generally don't work on anyone. I really wasn't all that let down since I went in with that mind set. It functions about the same as the Everlasting Carmel shade... except that it has little to no pigmentation. Booooo! Since I've only had this for a few hours, I don't really know how I feel about it, but make sure to check back on the review to see how I end up liking it. 

As a general (and only slightly educated) statement, I think that these are fantastic products if you stick to the more pigmented shades. I highly suggest picking up 1 (or 12) if you're a fan of long wearing lip colors and would like a break from all of those matte-ish formulas. I honestly can't wait to get more! I've got my eye on the berry shade. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top